5.29.2007

Real Women Drive Trucks


That's my ride and for those of you who have missed my goofiness and uncanny ability to embarass myself, boy do I have a picture for you. Imagine if you will, your's truly over here, used to driving a Jetta trying to drive this pickup. I thought I would make you all chuckle by telling you of my adventure trying to get this sucker up the driveway. First of all can someone please explain to me the difference between H2 and H4? And I think there's another gear on the 4 wheel drive shifter thing but I couldn't be bothered since it was a different letter. The grade of the farm is seriously intense and you cannot hope to get up or down without 4 wheel drive. This posed a problem for me since I didn't even know how to get it into 4 wheel drive. I finally put it in H4, whatever that means, and was up the drive in no time. Then when returning I had to back into the parking spot. I put it in H4 again and went for it, except I was in drive not reverse and whoops there's the fence. So I put it in reverse and took a deep breath. And this is where I would like to have words with the previous owners of this farm. Why did they plant the coffee trees so close to the parking spot? Lining it none the less? I successfully parked that behemoth but I gotta tell you the twig borer are not going to be the biggest reducer in viable crop...the new truck driver will be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're always real, whether in a Jetta or a truck. After the adventure in H4 (whatever that is) did you enjoy driving your monster truck?

Megan said...

Thanks darlin'. Well I discovered what those letters and number mean. H2 is normal road driving using rear wheels. H4 is driving with all 4 wheels pulling the weight, used for slippery or off road conditions or trying to get up the hill at Dragon's Lair. The other one L4 is low 4 wheel drive used under really treacherous off roading conditions. And after my adventures I would say I wouldn't mind owning a truck.