5.07.2007

I miss...

I had a hard time falling asleep last night. My mind would not slow to the Hawaii pace that my body has grown accustomed to. And so I lay awake thinking of how excited I am to see Steve this week and just how much I miss the other things in my life, the things that can't get on a plane to come visit.
I miss Monday nights at mom and dad's. I miss sewing with my mom and then enjoying her talent for cooking the most delicious meals. I miss chatting with my dad and learning from his wisdom mixed with the perfect amount of wit. I miss my brother's laughs; infectious and a reminder that we are still children somewhere inside. I miss looking up from the busyness of the Emporium to see my best friend working away on her next brilliant idea. I miss thoughtful meals prepared with Steve; the way we care for one another through nourishment. I miss Tuesdays at Tuckers and Saturdays at Findlay and Sunday brunch with Elisabeth. I miss the gentle hum of the LaMarzocco. I miss making Bill the perfect cappucinno, and sharing espresso readings with Jon. I miss Nancy's spirit. I miss the choreographed dance my fellow baristas and I perform as we move through a rush. I miss Rachel's smile and Shane's hand gestures. I miss Amy's humor and Drew's style. I miss Adrienne's spunk and energy. I miss walking by to see Tony roasting late into the night filling the city with our version of aromatherapy. I miss hikes with Kenya and snuggling with Stella.(my dog and cat) I miss the ease of shared laughter with close friends. I miss walks to Kentucky and bike rides to Northside. I miss Riverside and Song Long and Melt and Udipi and Slims and Aglameses and LaTaqueria Mexicana...
You want to know what I really miss? BATHS!

If I didn't mention you it's not because I don't miss you it's because this was my stream of consciousness associated with my insomnia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i miss... (abridged version)
1. your smile
2. your sass
3. your truth
4. your laugh
5. your probing questions
6. your kindness
7. your love for ice cream
8. your politics
9. your passion
10. your wit