5.20.2007

Birthdays

I exited my mid twenties yesterday, yup. I love birthdays. They bring an opportunity to examine your life, as Neruda says, "with no witness but the moon." I woke up to the waves crashing on the beach and as I dug my toes into the cool sand I thought about this last year and what it has brought. I am so grateful for the experiences I have had and the people that have been and have come into my life. The day was refreshing. I had some coffee, went for a swim, ate banana macadamia nut pancakes and ice cream of course, read, heard from loved ones, and had a party on the beach with my Ohana or Hawaiian family. This will probably be my only Hawaiian birthday and it was definitely a memorable one. Now the day is over and I am still thinking about what this next year will hold. I wish to let go more, to continue growing, understand more, to love more deeply, listen more, breathe, choose bravery more often, believe more, to surrender, to trust myself, to walk eyes wide open, and to become more of my true self.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi ya. I found your blog on the Park and Vine blogroll. I wondered where you went. I saw a picture at the Emporium of you on a tractor but I was confused. Anyway. Happy Birthday and best of luck with your farming.