6.11.2007

For the Love of Goats

Since I've been here I have done my best to paint a picture for you all of what life here on the island looks like by using words, stories, and pictures. After seeing something for the second time today I have realized that by leaving this out I have failed in accurately describing this place.
A man walking his goat.
Now as I said this is not the first time I have seen this. The first time was a few weeks ago and I laughed it off thinking it was just some crazy guy who wanted to go for a walk but didn't want to be alone and since he had no other companions decided to put his goat on a leash. Seems like a likely explanation, right? Then when I saw it again today I started thinking that this might be normal Hawaiian behavior.
Truthfully I don't know much about goats and haven't given them much thought but being that I'm one who enjoys looking a little crazy I'm toying with the idea of trading my dog, Kenya for a goat when I get home. If it doesn't work out at least I can get some yummy cheese out of the deal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will get the dogsitting family with a dad who doesn't want to admit how much he loves kenya, 3 little girls who can't get close enough to kenya (and she's just fine with that), an older brother who won't admit to his dog problem and pretends he has friends all over the hood but needs a dogs protection when he walks to their homes and finally the mom...she is ecstatic because her young ducklings have had the blessing of having a childhood pet albeit for 3 months and the beauty of giving her back in just 2 more weeks to start shopping for a goat...we love you...Dad